1. Change a Light - Replacing one regular light bulb with a Compact Florescent bulb will save 150 pounds of Carbon Dioxide in one year.
2. Drive Less - Walk, bike, carpool or take mass transit more often. You'll save one pound of Carbon Dioxide for every mile you don't drive.
3. Recycle More - You can save 2,400 pounds of Carbon Dioxide per year by recycling just half of your household waste.
4.Check Your Tires - Keeping your tires inflated properly can improve gas mileage by more than 3%. Every gallon of gasoline saved keeps 20 pounds of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere!
5. Use Less Hot Water - It takes a lot of energy to heat water. Use less hot water by installing a low flow shower head(350 pounds of CO2 saved per year) and washing your clothes with cold or warm water(saves 500 pounds per year).
6. Avoid Products with a lot of Packaging - You can save 1,200 pounds of Carbon Dioxide if you cut down your garbage by10%.
7. Adjust Your Thermostat - Set your thermostat just 2 degrees in the winter and up 2 degrees in the summer. With this simple adjustment you can save about 2,000 pounds of Carbon Dioxide per year.
8. Plant a Tree - A single tree will absorb one ton of Carbon Dioxide over its lifetime.
9. Turn off Electronic Devices - Simply turing off your television, DVD player, stereo, and computer when your are not using them will save you thousands of pounds of Carbon Dioxide per year.
10. Spread the Message - Tell your friends and Family!